It’s been way too long, hasn’t it? Welcome back, Winx! And they came soaring back! This was a good episode — better dialogue, lots of action, and a long-overdue visit to Tecna’s realm, Zenith.
Speaking of Zenith, isn’t it amazing? Droids, holograms, big screens, circuit board patterns on the roads — no wonder Tecna’s such a techno geek! Of course, all Stella saw was a new shopping opportunity. (What are we gonna do with her?)
Meanwhile in the Infinite Ocean, Tritannus threw the biggest temper tantrum in the history of the Magic Dimension. What a baby!
Next episode: “The Shark’s Eye.” Darcy and Stormy go after Daphne’s friend Politea, a cursed Sirenix fairy, to steal her powers and surpass Icy and Tritannus. Daphne alerts Bloom, who goes to Shark Eye Mountain to save Politea.
Here were my thoughts while watching episode 5X22: “Listen to Your Heart!”
- Oops alert! Icy’s lip-syncing was off on the line, “The last seal!”
- I’m so sick of “I’ll be emperor! And I’ll be empress!” routine!
- It doesn’t matter if Sky missed it! Bloom wasn’t even playing!
- That’s Helia for you, still giving love advice while his own love life is falling apart!
Bloom: “I wish we hadn’t fought. We can both be so pig-headed!”
At least she admitted it!
- It’s tough to hear Flora doubting herself. (Krystal’s fun? Since when?) But why is she so sure Helia wants to be with Krystal? She hugged him. That’s not proof!
Bloom: “Wait, what did you do with the real Tecna?”
Ha! No kidding!
- “Breaking news from Zenith! Alert! Alert!” Man, that’s annoying! How do Zenithians stand it?
- Logical equals wrong? Wow, Tecna has changed!
Stella: “I’ve never been to Zenith!
Why does it feel like they’re rubbing it in our face that they’ve ignored Tecna until now?
Stella: “It’s freezing here!”
Tecna: “Well, Zenith’s climate is calibrated to maximize the functioning of our techno-droids!”
Techno-babble translation: Cryos cares more about bots than people. Thanks a lot! Still, it’s a cool place…literally!
Tecna: “That is the most technologically-advanced retail experience in the Magic Dimension!”
Why did this make me think of Apple?
- If the Shop-a-Tron is all they need, why build a store at all?
- The Shop-a-Tron sounds like those Microsoft text readers! 😛
- Pyros designer line? It’s an island of dragons! Who made the clothes? Maia?
- Selkies defending the pillar. Because that’s worked so well so far.
- The Pillar of Control. Attack it, and things go out of control. Makes sense.
- New Sirenix scenes! I see Musa’s break-dancing again! 😛
- How does King Cryos know Tecna’s name? (Oh, wait. She’s a Winx.)
- Bloom attacking Flora? You don’t see that every day! At least Flora’s plan worked!
- A very unselfish wish. Way to go, Tecna!
- D’awwwwww! Bloom and Sky love montage! Nice song, too! (We’ve heard it before, though.)
- Wow, Icy actually looks guilty for treating her friends badly! That’s a first!
- Another Sirenix fairy? And just what is the curse of Sirenix?