New season, guys! How exciting is that? 🙂
Daphne’s the focus of this episode. Now that the Sirenix Curse has been broken, she’s having a tough time adjusting to being corporeal again (fifty-cent word). It was hard to see her act so pitiful; in spirit form, she was selfless and mysterious. Not sure I like this new Daphne yet.
Meanwhile, the Trix wake up The Beast of the Depths (another weird-looking sea monster). They sic it on Domino Palace during Daphne’s welcome home party, and she’s the only one who can control it. But she thinks she’s lost her powers. Oh, boy.
Bloom’s sure her sis just needs a confidence boost, so the Winx ask their Guardians how to help her. The Guardians advise them to go to Lake Roccaluce to find something called The Inspiration of Sirenix. (There’s the title drop.) Turns out there’s no such thing. It’s just a mystical way of saying, “Cheer up a fellow Sirenix fairy.” Thanks for nothing, guys.
After the Winx give Daphne a pep talk…she transforms!
I tried to be happy about this, but I nearly had a heart attack. Regardless of Roxy or anything else, I do NOT want Daphne to become a Winx. Making her corporeal again already killed my image of her. Now I have to picture her as a Winx? No. Just no. She’s too…noble, for lack of a better word. Plus, she and Bloom would steal the show. They already are.
Roxy’s the only fairy I’ll accept as the seventh Winx. But Nick kicked her out of the club, and now they’re gonna replace her with Bloom’s once-dead big sister? Gag me. (Side note: this Sirenix outfit would have looked great on Roxy. Light green was her color, after all. Just sayin’.)
It’s not a done deal yet, though. Daphne’s in the opening sequence, but Roxy was in season four’s and it didn’t work out for her. We’ll see what happens.
All that said, this was still a good episode; it had decent dialogue and a fair amount of action. But I think it’s this season’s “The Lilo.” It even ended the same way: the Winx painting magic rainbows in the sky to the tune of a song about their current transformation. It didn’t feel like a season premiere, and it was more relevant to last season than this one.
Next time on Winx Club, we meet this season’s villain: Selina. She’s a new witch at Cloud Tower who owns the evil Legendarium, a book that brings legends to life. She uses it to unleash Treants on the Winx!
Side note #2: iTunes says one of the new transformations is called…Bloomix. Yes. Bloomix. I wish I were kidding. NOT okay, Nick and Rainbow. 😕
Here were my other thoughts while watching episode 6X01: “Inspiration of Sirenix.”
- Whoa! The pixies look different! They look like they do in PopPixie! And there’s Cherie! 🙂
- Love the new theme song!
- If the Trix still have their Sirenix powers, what did Tritannus do to them?
- Domino’s so pretty!
- So, Daphne can’t walk? I guess she’s used to floating around as a spirit.
- You didn’t invite Roxy to the party, did you, Bloom? 🙁
- A beast stronger than the Dragon Flame? Why didn’t you think of this before, Icy?
- “Return to life?” Being dead and being a “disembodied spirit” are different things, aren’t they?
- At least they’re still calling her a nymph. Although she used to be a supreme nymph, not just The Nymph of Domino. (Though I guess each realm could have a supreme nymph.)
- All she has is her Sirenix powers? She’s starting from scratch!
- Since when is a kiss just “hanging out?” 😛
- Hey, it’s the three stooges from Magical Adventure! 😛
- Stella…I like the 90’s muffler. 🙁
- She looks gorgeous, but…I hate that she stole Roxy’s light green. It’s giving me a bad feeling. 🙁
- Does Daphne even know the Trix?
- I’m not gonna miss Sirenix, but I’m gonna miss the transformation song. 🙁
- Aisha did say “Tide of Sirenix!” Thank goodness! 😀
- Using their Sirenix special spells at one time — that’s how I thought the Winx were gonna beat Tritannus…
- First time in a while I’ve heard Sky sound like a leader.
- What’s with this “Bloom and the Winx” stuff? Bloom’s a Winx, too! The other girls aren’t her sidekicks! 😕
- And once again, the Guardians are useless. They sent you to another realm to find…yourselves. *Sigh* 🙄
- “Daphne, Nymph of Sirenix?” Well, she didn’t say “Magic Winx.” And her Sirenix looks a tad different. But it’s light green. 🙁
- New song: “Way of Sirenix.” It’s catchy. 🙂
- “Daphne joins the Winx…at Alfea.” Whoa, Nick! Watch your phrasing! 😯
- Is Faragonda wearing a slightly different outfit?