At the end of episode 6X03, the Winx went back to Alfea to regroup after the Legendarium stole their magic. You’d think they’d be devastated — but nope! Time to dancerize in Aisha’s Morphix gym! What else would you do? Thankfully, Faragonda and the boys take the problem more seriously.
Meanwhile, the Trix leave Lynphea College in the Cloud Tower students’ hands. The Lynphea girls try to fight back, but Miele’s the last one left standing. Figures. 😛
The Winx return to help, but they’re almost useless. Bloom, the only one who can still transform, gets ambushed by the Trix. The others try Daphne’s idea to replant the Treants, which works — but no one expects Selina to summon another batch of monsters: flying basilisks!
Miele protects Flora from one of them — but gets snatched up by a Treant! In a cool, out-of-character moment, Flora goes Jill of the Jungle mode to save her. This unlocks her Bloomix power! (I’ll tell you how I felt about that in a later post.)
After Flora purifies the Treants, all that’s left are the basilisks. And they’re tougher to beat. Nex and Roy, rivals for Aisha’s love, get turned to stone while trying to protect her! Seriously, Nickbow? Give Aisha a break!
This episode was my least favorite of the two. The gym scene ruined it a little; dance and gymnastics don’t count as “training.” I don’t mind the Winx goofing off sometimes, but call it what it is instead of pretending it’s important to their mission.
Next episode: “The Golden Auditorium.” Check out that review tomorrow!
THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING EPISODE 6X04: “BLOOMIX POWER”
- Looks like the Lynphea students didn’t stand a chance. At least they tried.
- Why would Aisha make a gym at a time like this? 😕
- We just lost our magic. Let’s dance! 😀 *Sigh*
- They didn’t even flinch at the name “Bloomix!” Did Faragonda come up with it?
- Stella, the pixies are one-fiftieth of Aisha’s size? Why would you ask them to spot you instead? 😕
- Thorin X Daphne? Could Bloom and Sky still marry if that happened? 😕
- Even the boys obey Bloom. Wow…
- When was the last time Flora made a potion? It feels like a while!
- The Cloud Tower witches are more evil this season!
- Go, Miele! 😀
- The Lyphnea girls couldn’t beat the Treants, but the witches are a piece of cake!
- Not only did Miele get to transform — she even got attack names! 😛
- So much for a “surprise” visit.
- Basilisks? How Harry Potter-like! 😛 (I know. Not really.)
- Why didn’t Bloom go after Brandon? She’s got the wings! 😕
- Wow, Flora! This is a new side of you! 😛
- Bloomix time! The song’s catchy, but it’s not “Sirenix.”
- Loving Flora’s new powers!
- Of course, Roy and Nex got petrified! Why do these things always happen to Aisha?