Last review! Finally! 😀 Now that I’m done, I’ll talk about some of the smaller details and events from these episodes. I promise the posts will be shorter from now on. 😛
The bad news is they’re wasting the Winx’s time. Eldora drops in to remind Bloom they can’t stay in the Legendarium World too long — or they’ll become fictional characters and be trapped inside forever! Icy overhears and warns her sisters. They all agree: it’s time to go! No way they’re spending eternity with the Winx! (So much for a team battle.)
While her friends keep the zombies busy, Bloom starts looking for the Emerald. It doesn’t take her long to find it — it’s stuck on the stem as a decoration! (Not a great hiding place. 😛 ) Thank goodness! The Winx teleport back to Bajo Mundo Cave with seconds to spare.
Daphne and the guys aren’t there, though. They’re relaxing in the village. Nex is sipping coconut smoothies (and being a jerk), Daphne and Thoren are on an impromptu date, and Riven (who’s also being a jerk) is trying to beat Sky at boomerang toss. Of course, they’re worried about the Winx, but Daphne assures them they’ll be okay. Sure enough, they soon return with the Fantasy Emerald.
(Yes, I left out some scenes, but this whole part of the episode was filler, anyway. 😛 )
Meanwhile, the Trix get back to Cloud Tower, and their eyes are on Selina. Did she “forget” to warn them about the time limit in the Legendarium World? Selina dodges trouble again by turning their focus back on the Winx. Did they get stuck?
The Trix peek into Griffin’s Magic Eye…and see the Winx heading to beach with the Emerald in hand. Icy knows what will ruin their fun: a zombie attack!
Selina summons the Oculta into the Real World, and the zombies invade the village! They’re no smarter than before, but there’s a lot more of them. The gang can’t handle them all! If only the people of Calavera could help them fight.
That gives Bloom an idea. With a spell she calls “Friendship Flame,” she grants each of the villagers wings and a touch of magic power. They converge with her to make a rain of fire that destroys most of the zombies and scares the rest off the island.
Calavera is saved! And what better way to celebrate than smoothies and dancing?
This episode felt short to me. When the credits started rolling, I felt like there were still ten minutes left! No, I didn’t lose track of time because I got caught up in the story. Honestly, I was kinda bored. I loved seeing the Winx and the guys hanging out, but it got old after a few minutes.
The zombie battle was cool, but I expected these guys to be as tough as the last humanoid monsters: the Children of the Night. They weren’t even close. Some of them took themselves out with their own stupidity. *Sigh* I hate easy enemies.
Final thoughts: decent episode, but kinda forgettable (unless you like lots of flirting 😛 ).
Next episode: “Curse of Fearwood.” The Mythix Insight says the Silver Spear is in Fearwood, Canada. But according to legend, Fearwood Forest is cursed. No word yet on when this episode will premiere — or where. I hope it’ll be on TV.
So, we’re more than halfway through the season now! What do you think of it so far? Which episodes have stood out the most to you? Any predictions for the rest of the season?
THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING
- Actually, Narrator, the Winx didn’t get to search the ship yet. 😛
- He threw his hat. And that accomplished…what?
- All the Winx’s spells come from their wands now. Cute, I guess. 🙂
- …These zombies are stupid.
- Eldora, you came here to say the same thing you said last episode, then leave? Give away your wand!
- “Light Star?” That’s a weird attack name. 😛
- Of course, Bloom’s the one who found the Emerald. 🙄
- Why didn’t Daphne and the guys wait in the cave?
- Wow, Nex. You sure are relaxed. Weren’t you worried about Aisha earlier?
- Aw, more cute Daphne X Thoren moments.
- This boomerang scene reminds me of the ball game in the Golden Kingdom in season three. 🙂
- I can’t believe the Trix still trust Selina. She’s a terrible liar!
- Icy, did you really think the Winx wouldn’t make it out? 😛
- The smoothie guy’s cute. 🙂
- Oops! Flora overdid it! 😛
- If he’s just cutting off the tops of the coconuts and sticking straws in, how are those “smoothies?” 😛
- Nice to see Bloom hanging out with Musa for a change.
- Finally! The guys are fighting, too!
- The Winx really do have Bloomix and Mythix at the same time. Weird. 😕
- “Butterfly ladies!” I like that! 😛
- Tecna’s being cheeky? She must be in a good mood. 😛
Riven: “Two for you.”
Sky: “It’s not a competition, Riven!”
Riven: “You always say that…when you win.”
Riven’s such a jerk, but this was one of the best exchanges in the season. 😛
- Nex or Roy. You can only pick one, Aisha. 😛
- Daphne didn’t say, “I call upon the element of Earth” first this time.
- “Friendship Flame?” Cool spell, but…why did Bloom have to save the day again? 😕