First, let me say “Happy Birthday” to Musa and to the “papa” of the Winx, Mr. Straffi! 🙂
Now to the topic.
Onyrix sure has gotten a mixed reaction from the fanbase! The biggest point of controversy is the color schemes. Musa’s in her signature red, but everyone else is wearing something dramatically different. Stella in blue? Tecna in dark green? Bloom in raspberry pink?
Here’s my theory. If just a couple of the girls were in unusual colors, I’d think Rainbow was just trying something new or balancing the overall visual of the group. But all the Winx except one in a different color? That’s never happened before. The scope makes me think something else is going on.
Could this switch up have something to do with the plot? I still think Onyrix is a dark transformation — maybe a corrupted form of Dreamix. Or since this season will be darker — at least, it looks that way from Michael’s pictures — Rainbow felt the usual, brighter colors would clash with the mood.
I don’t know. I’m just speculating like everyone else. The trailer may clear this up, and if it doesn’t, maybe the season itself will.
What about the outfits themselves?
I’ll start by saying I’m one of the fans who likes Onyrix. I think the open-leg pants — the feature that stands out the most — are weird, but elegant. Not wild about the high heels, but no other shoe would look right with this style.
Of course, I like some of the Winx’s looks more than others. Here’s my ranking, from least favorite to favorite.
6. Stella: Someone overdid it with the flowers around her neck. They look like they’re choking her. 😕 Also, they don’t match the ones around her waist. It’s off-putting. And I admit it: I don’t like this color on her, and I hate her wings and her hair. Bottom line: her whole look is a miss for me.
5. Tecna: Um…I like the side braid. I’m glad Rainbow’s coming up with new ways to style her hair without lengthening it too much. Other than that, I don’t care for this look, either. The mismatched flowers again, the unpleasant shade of green — this isn’t working for me.
4. Flora: I like her wings more than Tecna’s, but both of their outfits look plain to me. At least all the flowers match on Flora, and this shade of green doesn’t look horrendous on her. Why purple heels, though? 😕
3. Bloom: When I started writing this post, Bloom was in last place. But the more I examined her outfit and compared it to the others, the more I started to like it. I don’t love it, though. I don’t like the wings, the silhouette of the outfit, or her hairstyle. But I like the overall composition better than Stella, Tecna, and Flora’s. Color-wise, it feels more cohesive to me.
2. Musa: I love this outfit! A lot of fans have said she looks like a goddess, and I couldn’t agree more. I’m adding this to my favorite transformations list for her. The only thing I don’t like: her wings. I like them more than her Dreamix wings, but they’re still weirdly-shaped.
1. Aisha: Aisha wins because I like her wings and hairstyle more than Musa’s. I love it when Rainbow puts braids in her hair. Also, out of all the girls, her color scheme is the most appealing to me. I guess I prefer cool and pastel colors.
That’s my ranking. How about yours?